New York City


On the first day of NYC, we did a prayer tour we walked around NYC for about 5-6 hours,
on the second day we did some soup kitchens ware the homeless would come in and eat lunc
it was really amazing because we could sit down with them and eat with them and we could also hear their stories what they had to say! the rest of the week we did some organizing at different soup kitchens . it was a lot of fun I had an awesome time there I would deffintly do it again I know the hard part was no communication with home they did not have internet that was really hard but what I learned about NYC, was not to be as greedy and also to be thankfull for what I have because there were so many homeless people in NYC that they had next to nothing and they were thankfull! I learned a lot on that trip and I most deffintly would enocourage other people to go on these missions trip's it's worth it !

2 comments:

Anja said...

Thanks for putting up the pictures Sarah. Do you think it's different to be homeless in NYC instead of Toronto? I think you've been in both places working with homeless?

Sarah's Expedition Adventures said...

Sory mrs Norrdam for not answering right away! I would say that Toronto was the same as NYC. It is a really good experience to go to NYC ! and while we were in NYC we did the same thing as would be in Toronto but I have not gone on a missions trip to Toronto but i've been there lots to experience it ! (had my back surgery in Toronto) so I knida know what you mean but I would say it's the same!! i'll see you next week if you have anymore questions please feel free to ask and i'll get back to you asap :) how are things wiht you??